30 April, 2011

Saturday's adventure

Today I went out with mom for some adventure in Orchard. Actually it's because she wanted to check out some "designer bag sale" at *SCAPE, and I needed to collect my race kit for Nike 5KM Goddess run next Saturday.

The designer sale turned out to be dissappointing. It's at 5th level of Scape, but with sparely populated collections (of past seasons, many of the bags look familiar from my few years' ago trip to US Outlets...) and pretty expensive compared to US vs the value of the collection. The Coach bags pricing ranges from $250+ to $400. There are some Kate Spade's, Gucci, and Prada - each less than 15 bags for sure.

Anyway, so Orchard Central was a lovely place for photo shooting.

Here's some result playing with shutter speed:
 Manual, 1/320 4.5f ISO400, Evaluative metering 20mm

At double shutter speed, 1/640 5.6f zooming @ 55mm

Pretty plastic flower at the atrium with nice bokeh. 1/60 4.5f 18mm


Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...