03 April, 2011

Bieler's Soup

I have a new cooking recipe. Read this from a book on 7-day energy surge. In a nutshell, this made a super-easy healthy tasting soup....

1kg of zuchini
half kg of green bean (i used french beans)
english parsley

Method:
Clean the veggies thoroughly.
Prepare a pot of water, bring to boil.
Add zuchini and beans, cook until tender (about 5-8 mins). Add parsley last.
Blend the veggies in blender or food processor until you get consistency of soup.

Now you have cups of bieler's broth. Best enjoyed warm and fresh.


Tips:
  • Do not throw away water you boil veggies in. Use these in process of blending - they are full of vits.
  • Do not overcook - my beans were yellow in my first try :(
  • Add parsley last as it is more easily cooked.
  • You can apportion the veggies for #people you serve it. Recipe above prepares about 8 cups, so cut half if you want 4 cups and so on. It is best when it is freshly cooked.







Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...