14 April, 2011

Pursuit of Happiness

Today I got a note from a colleague who is leaving my company. He is someone I respected alot because he is genuinely interested in people - invested his time to coach and improve. He is also someone who could see different point of view which I think is a rare and admirable quality of the leader.

He also reached out as he wanted to get a trusted point of view on areas of improvements - at least 3 points. Let me share what I said:
1. Time and investment in people - balance that.
2. Know the right people and gut to trust.
3. Communication style - share when needed esp if people gap is too big.



The discussion inevitable turns into discussion about his past experience, and reason of his resignation. I asked him why he resigned. He shared his observations from reading "Prisoners of Our Thoughts : Viktor Frankl's Principles of Discovering Meaning in Life and Work".

Beside's link to the Amazon site.



Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...