03 April, 2011

One of interesting aspect about travelling is solo-travelling.

As one who grew up in a developing country where travelling alone by yourself as a single female is considered one of unsafe notion of travelling, I feel liberated after living in Singapore as an independent, free, single woman in a 1st world country.

When now is time for me to decide a place to go, I want to go somewhere as a solo-traveller. And hopefully a liberating experience that reminds me of the joy of living. I have been to Rome, Madrid, Paris, Barcelona, Seoul, Ho Chi Minh, Bangkok with companion, and sometimes a group.

I am ready to travel by myself again. To my dismay, majority of websites listing places that are faraway, and more suitable for female caucasian rather than general female who is a citizen of the world. Like me!

I vow to write a suitable article for travel for someone like me. First I must go off to a fine place to showcase a safe and interesting location. I am thinking of starting off someone small, nearby, and not too exotic.




Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...