22 May, 2011

Shakespeare at the Park

I had a good time with my gal friend. Watching Macbeth at Port Canning Park. It was performed by Singapore Repertory Theather (SRT) a charity non-profit organization. Conclusion, the play was better than I expected and I walked off feeling a degree smarter, and cultured :)

The show was at 730pm, we arrived strolling around 7 and the whole field were covered with picnic blankets by the time we got there. We had wine - white and red (ended up only consuming Moscato since it was hot and humid!), chips, dips, fruits, sandwiches. Very enjoyable and relaxing.


We started setting our picnic blanket - luckily my friend had it. And sat down at the left upper corner from the stage. Sat down - the sun was setting and the anticipation bubbling. It is really nice to feel the atmosphere, lots of expats and young people too. Enjoying and sipping wine.

The play was set in Scotland. Actors speaking in British accent. The play was 2 hours with an intermission break of 15 mins after 1 and 15 mins. Macbeth (Adrian Pang) and Lady Macbeth (Patricia Toh) were very good, convincing, brutally intense, and creepy at times. Main characters were Banquo, McDuff, Malcolm, and Duncan. Of course there are audience favorites the Three Witches.

Play at the Park : highly recommended and if I am right it shall be more popular thing to do in the future!

Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...