07 May, 2011

Nike 5KM Run

Saturday was Hot and Humid. The run was inaugural held by Nike, so we could see some hiccups. Marine Barrage was nice as venue, I could see the perfect blue sky at the bubble up near starting line. But it was hot and if 5,000 people (luckily all girls so not as sweat smelly :) crowding in a narrow area towards the line, it was pushing and a bit chaotic.

Nike gave out a dry-fit Orange running tee, love the shirt, the design was shucky. And a black shoebag that is functional.



As finisher, we have a table trophy and a stalk of Gerbera. Mine is red. Gerbera in flower talk means innocence, purity and beauty. I like its cheerful color.

Now, timing! 37mins over 5KM. Not bad considering how hot it was, not my best timing either :( despite having run my best in first 2KM before the true heat sets in.

Update on May 17:
Nike created a pretty cool, if impractical site to check the timing result of the last run. Hey I got rank 218, I guess not bad out of 1,135 runners in my category (303 out of 1,672). Net official timing 36:43.

Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...