31 October, 2018

Appreciation of all good things

We can plan and reflect. I am overwhelmed by blessings and my good fortune. Sometimes when things feel uphill, sleep over it, and things look better in the morning.

My lucky feeling comes to this realization as I commenced my treatment for fertility preservation. Anxiously, I have been researching and been reading many articles to learn and research. Been monitoring  my cycle for close to a year now. While I was pining for my cycle to start so that I can the treatment underway, I came to realize that I have been so lucky. Lucky that all my blood test turned out to be well. I am at the top of my health. My ovarian reserve, measured by AMH, is in the good range. And my hormone test FSH, LH, E2, P4 has turned out well.

Things turned out to be positive : Having a supportive family, who came through with me thick and thin. Mom and Dad just came back from their China holiday when I notified them that I needed to apply for Australian visa to come to Sydney with me. They supported without hesitation (after a few questions- yes, understandable). They bear with me through my mood swing along with PMS as I waited anxiously for my cycle and fought work-related stress. Having such fabulous colleagues whom reminded me to stay strong, try to do the right things - which are not always easy, and gave me courage to listen to my heart and soul. Having close friends who celebrated my success and be with me to drink and celebrate hard work and grit.

I am very fortunate to have good people around me in my family, my extended family, and people who know me personally. By no means everyone is good... I deal with jealousy, immaturity, and personal attack all the time. But, I can only see upside when I stay focused on my own reaction and things that I can control. Thank God for that.

Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...