13 August, 2011

Promontory meet up and MBS

Marina bay sands Photo outing.

For this clubSnap outing, I went to have my first Tripod. The guys at TK Photo Funan Mall are very friendly and knowledgable. They patiently explained the feature of 4 sections, ball head, the tripod setup, the long- and short- section, the low-ground setup, etc. I ended up purchasing Sirui K-1204 and G10x head from them, as a set for $349 as well as Kinko Pro-1 58mm lens filter and a lens hood from them. Here is a review from Clubsnap forum on the tripod and head combi. I will most probably write my own review then.



My decision factors and considerations are :
1. It is carbon fibre - the whole setup with tripod, and not forgetting the ballhead is approx 1.2kg. I have read that for too heavy tripods (Pro version like Manfrotto or the Aluminium versions which tend to be heavier), general use is to leave them at home. For a girl like me, a practical and light version is important. I do not want to lug 2.3kg tripod setup around, excluding potential heavy lenses when I upgrade.
2. Quality - I am looking for first tripod, and something that would last for at least a while even beyond the current hobbyist status. And I prefer to invest a little bit more for something that is quality, sturdy, satisfying for a long-lasting hobby, that cost a little bit more (but not too much).
3. Total setup at SG$349 is well reasonable within budget. Acceptable and the size is compact too. It comes with a free bag so you could carry it around for field trips, and pack together in the luggage for my business trips.

I am so happy, and hope to enjoy my journey together. Some photos from my trip today.





Full day today - went to LA and NUS Extension for my placement test and registered for Mandarin III with NUS Extension. Also had my eye treatment at Central, before heading down to outing. Lunch at Hans Cafe and dinner at Fine Cuts.

TK Photo
109 North Bridge Road #02-14 
Funan Digitalife Mall
Singapore 179097
Tel: 6338 5905 / 6338 7466




Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...