16 March, 2020

Negative test result

My phone rang and I disregarded it in the morning. Only later, after refreshed lunch with Papa and Mommy that I picked up and received the news of negative test result. By then my coworkers have been notified that I was tested, and news spread rapidly.

Only after I received affirmation that my voluntary self report was accepted, I sat back and comprehend the emotional roller coaster. "You must have been scared". Indeed I was paranoid, and scared and nervous. What if the test is negative and I might potentially infect my elderly Dad and Mom, and my numerous coworkers?

It is a relief to receive the confirmation of positivity I suspected all along. A huge burden lifted by sharing with everyone. Assuaging guilt and paranoia that has formed and forment in my mind. Confirmed by negative swab result, clear chest X-Ray, and finally recovering body from persistent cough, runny nose, and muscle pain.

Meanwhile however, I read news around the world about worsening situation. US just dropped Fed interest rates by 1 full percentage point. About obituary pages in Italian newspaper that is now 10-pages long instead of usual one and a-half pages. Disneyland closed only in the fourth times. And Singapore advising all citizens to defer all non-essentially travel for 30 days to, essentially, every where around the world. No place has been spared. No economy sector has been saved.

Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...