17 July, 2021

Witches of the Orient

Yesterday I went and watched by myself the movie "The Witches of the Orient" at Oldham Theater, at Asian Film Archive, a new show I just discovered uring the semi-lock down that we are under right now. I woke up to the news that Hong Lim market is being closed for 2 weeks due to emergence of a new Covid19 cluster there... and I recall the romantique film being made by French moviemaker that is unique than Korean, Japanese, or American style of film making. The movie is semi-documentary although the story it depicted is true, about the trial and triumph of the women's volleyball team that went to dominate 1960's culminating in gold in Tokyo Olympics 1964.


Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...