06 October, 2014

Work, Work, then Something exciting

I am getting a new PC build, diy from a computer shop at Sim Lim Square (SLS). How it started is I was wanting to retrieve data, quite innocently, from my old harddisk that has been buried in the box. Most of the older harddisk is of IDE type, which means that current standard SATA, could no longer read the harddisk. I went to SLS to get a reader - and Video Pro was the only shop online that stocks the Sabrent. I called the shop at 720pm, to check for opening hour the day after, and was informed that they are open until 8pm everyday.

I visited the shop, and was interested in the build. After 1hr consultation, where the shop is closed, but the lads are very happily obliged and I put $200 deposit for an AMD configuration within, or rather close to my original budget of $1500 SGD.

After a night of research, my system is capable of producing this quality in Final Fantasy XIV ARR - woohoo. I have to compare this High Desktop setting with the miserable specs  of my laptop (note: it is a decent 3-year old laptop) under Extremely Low Laptop setting. The graphic, the texture of cloths, dirts, roads, the weapons, the special effects of spells and fire - are all beautifully rendered.

Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...