28 April, 2013

My trip to India 2013

I flew to India, Mumbai on Monday morning Apr 22, 2013. Stayed 2 full nights - including conf calls on the first day, concluded with a brief lunch at 2pm where the lobby lounge is with some mimosa and cordon bleu chicken and steak sandwich. Lunch is brief at Celini, the hotel's Italian restaurant.

2nd day we rode the car to the office, I was eager arriving at a little over 8am. The office is located at Windsor tower, with no road sign, other than designation "off CST Road" at Santacruz Area, Mumbai. Finished with a nice local India dinner, at the Grand Hyatt Soma. The tandoori platter, esp the mutton and chicken were excellent. The warm roti with garlic was very nice. The crowd was upmarket and pleasant.

Third day filled with early morning again, and a customer visit. I then flew to new Delhi, at the Indira Gandhi Airport. Arriving, I am pleasantly surprised at how modern Delhi looks. Things look clean and efficient even at domestic airport. Walk outside towards the carpark offered a glimpse on how noisy, the traffic was. Even so was smooth, despite the news about the latest rape in Delhi.

My 4th day started very early at the buffet breakfast of the Westin Gurgaon, a relatively new hotel opened in 2010. The hotel sits on a elongated site, that offers two side of hotel rooms, one facing the serene pool with its Italian restaurant, and the other facing the noisier road side. The hotel was posh, and filled with foreign faces, I saw many Chinese businessmen (and women), Japanese, and European/American. My day then went through its hectic schedule briefly interrupted with short lunch, and continues until 7pm when we adjourned to Punjabi by Nature, a North Indian restaurant, at foot of the Infinity tower, DLF. The place is very cosy, quiet and serves very tasty pappam and decent list of happy hour drinks.

I was then off to catch my flight at 11.25pm India time (2am Singapore) back to the home sweet Singapore.


Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...