01 May, 2012

The Avengers

I went to watch the Avengers with my collegue, last nigh pre-preview 4/30. Her brother's company is having movie night. I caught cold in mid term and had to rush back home immediately after the movie finished at midnight.

What a great show. I love how the new Director creates a logical story. The acting is strong and characters very compelling. Love it.

Also how wonderful that the interactions and dynamism between relationships of these superheroes - being playfully and quite realistically displayed. The only thing that I think is lacking is the feeling of watching a Movie than just a series. But maybe that's like reading an epic from the comic book.


Normally I have very good taste on what's good movie. Rotten tomatoes has it opening in USA on the 5th 96%.
The action sequences were well execute, very cool and closely paced. The dialogues are the most refreshing parts of the movies. And all reviews were raving about its sense of humour - so funny and not unnecessary. They seem to poke fun at the characters themselves, the jazzy stylish Iron Man, insecure mighty Hulk, sexy deceitful Black Widow, gloomy silent Hawkeye, rebelious stern leader Nick Fury, and earnest old-fashioned noble Captain America. Also compelling human characters Agent Phil Coulson and Agent Maria Hill (from How I met Your Mother sitcom).

Some reviews: link and by Weinberg.

Seeing experiences with fresh eyes

Given my propensity to seek new experiences, I wanted to start a new series of article that explores experiences that are new, new to me, or...